ABOUT THE BOOKLoving, weird and wacky. Practical, stern and fiercely protective. Best cook, skilled seamstress and healer of hurts. Grandmothers are a treasure!
Grandma Tales is an anthology of true tales and anecdotes about grandmas.
- A collection of stories and anecdotes about grandmothers, from a variety of contributors, ranging from writers and editors to educators and students.
- Some of the anecdotes are sweet and touching…
- … but there are others that are ordinary, which makes the quality of the stories in this collection rather uneven.
- One particular story, ‘Gagru and Gagri’, dismisses domestic violence with a tame “You were both wrong… I do not blame you”. It ought not to have made its way into this collection.
- Better illustrations would have added to the appeal of this anthology.