ABOUT THE BOOK
It’s one of the oldest books in the world. But isn’t it meant only for religious old people? But isn’t it very long and, erm, super difficult to read? But isn’t the stuff it talks about way too complex for regular folks to understand? Prepare to be surprised. Roopa Pai’s spirited, one-of-a-kind retelling of the epic conversation between Pandava prince Arjuna and his mentor and friend Krishna busts these and other such myths about the Bhagavad Gita. Lucid, thought-provoking and brimming with fun trivia, this book will stay with you long after you have turned the last page.
- Style and format well suited to teen audience
- Use of humour and references to daily life to make narrative relatable
- Use of fun devices like multiple choice questions and notes about mythological details
- Too little attention to historical context/alternative interpretations
- Problematic links between the Gita and modern science
- Inadequate critique of the caste system
A rewarding read, thought-provoking for readers across ages, this version makes the Gita accessible for younger readers who may not have encountered it before.