ABOUT THE BOOK“Tell me please: What is The Night?” asks a little girl of the earthworm, the owl, the firefly… Glowing out from the pages, their answers merge into a tapestry of the more mysterious sides of night-time and the curious habits of creatures that come to life in darkness.
- An exciting finding-out book that unravels the beauty and brilliance of the night.
- Nocturnal creatures, like the earthworm, the owl, the moon jellyfish and more, tell a young girl about themselves, their habits and what the night means to them. What’s more, they do this in humorous verse.
- Readers can expect to be surprised by some of the unusual creatures they meet on the pages. Not to mention that they get to stop and smell some flowers too!
- Author Manjula Padmanabhan uses rhyme and rhythm playfully to engage young readers and make language fun for them.
- Gorgeous black pages filled with striking illustrations illuminate this nocturnal tale.
- The colour combinations make the text hard to read on some pages.