ABOUT THE BOOKJanice sets off to Kolkata’s Chinatown along with her grandmother. Join her as she discovers this heritage district.
- A sweet and simple story about a little girl on an outing with her grandmother.
- Readers will enjoy selected sights and sounds of Kolkata’s Chinatown district and get a glimpse into the lives and culture of the people who live there.
- Pastel-hued illustrations capture the vibrancy and street life of Chinatown perfectly.
- This book is free to read, download, print and repurpose from Storyweaver.org.in in multiple Indian languages.
- Lanterns, incense, dumpling soup, mahjong — while all these may be typical of this iconic Chinese district in Kolkata, the book still leaves you feeling that it could have been a lot more.