ABOUT THE BOOKViji can’t sit still. She fidgets and she wriggles, and she is in constant motion. Nothing seems to contain her boundless energy.
- This book is part of the Little Book Lovers’ Reading series that aims to prepare small children to start reading; in the publisher’s words, “reinforce pre-reading skills”.
- It has a story that a lot of youngsters (and perhaps the adults in their lives too) will identify with. Viji is a vibrant and mischievous young girl who is always up to something and of course can’t ever sit still.
- The illustrations are especially cute and charming, making it ideal to engage the youngest of readers.
- At 64 pages, the book is way too long for its intended audience. Perhaps 24 pages or even fewer would have been ideal.
- For a book that aims to teach reading, and therefore language skills, the writing is quite ordinary. For instance, the rhymes sound somewhat forced; there is a mix of tenses in the narrative; and there is a typo on the cover.