ABOUT THE BOOKIf you thought your friend’s house on the other side of town was far away, you have clearly not read this book. Climb the Magic Math Ladder to get from where you are to the top of Mount Everest, to Kashmir, to the moon, the sun, and ultimately to the edge of the universe, which is very, very, VERY far away indeed.
- Another one from Pratham Books’ STEM series, this excellent picture book introduces readers to the concept of measuring distances.
- Text and illustrations that complement each other beautifully take the reader from measurable lengths, like the height of a child, the distance to the ceiling fan in the room or the height of a building, to gigantic distances, like the height of Mount Everest, the length of India, the distance to the sun and more.
- The story can also be used to teach concepts of multiplication, the power of 10 and making simple mathematical estimates.
- A bunch of activities are suggested at the end to get youngsters measuring, plus some notes for teachers and parents to help them help young readers with the concepts of distance.
- This book is free to read, download, print and repurpose from Storyweaver.org.in in multiple languages.