ABOUT THE BOOKMuthumama and Muthumami have an unexpected guest for dinner – a ravenous lion! Find out what happens next in this tale of hospitality gone wrong.
- A fun picture book that tells the story of Muthumama and Muthumami, who invite a hungry lion home for a lip-smacking feast of hot dosas, spicy sambar and savoury chutney.
- Expect to soak in the aromas and flavours that waft out of a traditional South Indian kitchen.
- Chetan Sharma’s bright and colourful illustrations add drama and emotion to the story, be it the hunger of the lion, its disappointment and anger at being cheated of a feast and the fear of the elderly South Indian couple.
- In fact, the visual narrative does a lot more for the story than does the text, which could have been edited to be more concise and impactful.
- The dual ending is likely to ensure that young readers are not disappointed either way.
- This picture book was shortlisted in the Best Picture Book: Story and Best Picture Book: Illustration categories at The Hindu Young World-Goodbooks Awards 2018.
A humorous picture book that is good for reading aloud to young readers and to be read independently by confident readers.