ABOUT THE BOOKA daughter’s relentless questions and a mother’s loving answers. Is this a story? Is it a dream? Memories? Harsh reality? Mystery? Read on to find your own answers.
- A translation of a Persian story, the book is part of Eklavya’s Across the Seven Seas series.
- Even though the text is fairly simple, there is a lot to read between the lines.
- A lot has perhaps been lost in translation, as it isn’t clear what the story is about. The few hints (such as the missing father) might be too obscure for children to understand.
- The illustrations are bright and surreal, but one isn’t sure what they depict. Are they people, birds, insects or something else? Overall, the images seem too abstract for young children; even as an adult reader, one isn’t sure what the illustrations are supposed to convey.
- On some pages, the illustrations are too dark, making the text hard to read.