ABOUT THE BOOK
Not everyone has two grandfathers quite like Amol’s – distinctly different, interested in everything and afraid of nothing. And when the going gets tough, Amol couldn’t ask for a tougher twosome. A bittersweet novel of loss for pre-teens, with effortless humour, restraint and compelling storytelling from a Bal Sahitya Puraskar winning writer.
- An important book on loss and grief for pre-teen readers.
- The subtle and evocative writing lends depth to a story that can help start conversations on many themes normally considered unsuitable for children – grief, illness, and the loss of a loved one.
- The author steers clear of the sentimentality and melodrama usually associated with books that deal with death.
- The story breaks gender stereotypes by its portrayal of men as nurturers.
- Winner of The Hindu Young World- Goodbooks Award 2018 for Best Book: Fiction.